Jenessa's Blog

Welcome to my blog! I am glad you have checked in and are interested in my life. Enjoy and keep in touch.

Monday, May 01, 2006

Whyte in a crazy state

The Oilers just won the series against Detroit and it only took five minutes to see cop lights down Whyte Avenue. We look out onto Whyte from our 24th story apartment. Yikes...now the ave. looks life New York traffic (including the honking), plus lots of screaming. Well it sure is exciting to win, however I don't know if we will sleep tonight.

5 Comments:

At 4:44 PM, Blogger m+K said...

I thought of Whyte Ave last night after the Oilers won and was wishing we were there. Marc and I were there when the Eskimos won the Grey Cup and Canada won the gold medal hockey game. It was absolutely crazy with all the honking and yelling and I was missing Edmonton last night! Kylie

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Erin said...

I wish it were the same on the Red Mile in Calgary.... but maybe tomorrow will be their day.

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Stephen and Amber said...

so cool, you may get to see some real action!

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Jenessa Fowke said...

This morning, I noticed that one of those big Canada Post mailboxes and newspaper dispenser had been knocked over from the Whyte Ave action. I actually called my dad and held out the phone off our deck at 10:00 to show him how loud it really was. He laughed. Luckily it calmed down by midnight.

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Erin said...

funny! kinda wish i were there just to see it.....

but again: GO FLAMES GO! (I married into this strange obsession so I gotta stick with it)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home